If it’s a crackle-topped gingersnap you crave, this one has always worked for us!
INGREDIENTS ( gingersnap ):
|3/4 cups||margarine or shortening||175 mL|
|1 cup||white sugar||250 mL|
|1/4 cup||molasses||60 mL|
|2 cups||flour||500 mL|
|1 tsp.||baking soda||5 mL|
|1 tsp.||cinnamon||5 mL|
|1 tsp.||cloves||5 mL|
|1 tsp.||ginger||5 mL|
- Cream together margarine and
- Beat in egg and
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and Add to the creamed mixture.
- Form heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL plus) of dough into small balls, smaller than a golf
- Roll dough balls in Do not flatten.
- Place balls 2” (5 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes, or until tops are crackled and lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling
This recipe doubles well.Tags: GINGER