how to make french toast
Ingredients ( French Toast ) :
8 slices homemade-type bread
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs with
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, orange juice, and salt until well
- Heat about 2 of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and lay in (not you-the bread!).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook bread a few minutes on each side until golden
- (My pan holds 2 pieces at a time.) Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet, as needed.