Style French Toast :
Ingredients ( Style French Toast ) :
2⁄3 cup whole milk
1⁄3 cup flour
1⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
6 slices Texas toast thick bread
3 tablespoons butter
Directions ( Style French Toast ) :
1. Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
2. Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
3. When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter. 4. If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn
down the heat.
5. Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
6. Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet. 7. Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until
each side is golden brown.
8. Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices. 9. To serve, put on plate, dust with
powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup.
Tags: French Recipes